Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our Christmas!

Christmas this year was spent in Aledo with just us...Mommy, Daddy, Ian and London! It was very nice. I worked the night of Christmas Eve. Ian slept with Justin through the night in anticipation of hearing The Reindeer on the roof top. Ian and I made cookies during the day and left them by the fireplace for Santa. Ian awoke Christmas morning around 6:45am and was sooooo excited to see if Santa "really" came and ate the cookies.

NOT SOOOOO FAST!!!

Justin had strict instructions from me to NOT let Ian and London see their presents until I returned home from work. I of course wanted to see their sweet faces and share in the excitement of "Christmas Morning". So there Ian was, kept in our room watching TV, mad, and not understanding why he could not see his presents. Terrible mommy, I know! Poor baby! Well, I arrived home around 7:45am and greeted Ian in our room. He was so excited to see me...of course he was...Now he got his presents!

I must say, he was the cutest thing ever! Ian totally "gets" the whole Christmas and Santa Clause thing. There he stood mesmerized by his gifts from Santa and all he could say was "Oh, My, Gosh!" We had really been talking to Ian about Christmas and the real meaning behind it and the birth of baby Jesus. We also talked a lot about being "thankful" for everything we receive and everything we have.

{Side Note} At one point about a year ago, I guess for his birthday, Ian had said something about not being satisfied with a gift he received from someone. It was not what he wanted. Well, I was appalled. From then on, I decided that this was something that needed to be addressed. We really try and stress to Ian the fact that we need to be thankful for everything we receive regardless of what it is. We consistently talk about how there are some people that are less fortunate and do not receive any gifts and how we need to be thankful for everything we have.

Back to Christmas morning...Once Ian had a glimpse of everything from Santa, he stopped what he was doing and said "Mommy, we need to say Happy Birthday to Jesus and be thankful for all this stuff"...I guess they do listen. :)













We opened our stockings then Justin and Ian passed out presents and we opened gifts from each other. After a couple of hours, I went to sleep and Justin played with the kids. I was also scheduled to work the night of Christmas day, so Justin spent all morning preparing our Christmas dinner. We had ham, broccoli casserole, home made {to-die-for} macaroni & cheese, okra and biscuits. It was so nice and just perfect. I then received a phone call from work giving me option to stay home. We had too many nurses scheduled that night. Of course accepted the offer and continued to play with Ian and London and all their gifts. It was a pretty perfect Christmas for us Jones family!!









1 comment:

E said...

Looks like you had a perfect Christmas!!!