Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Catchin' Up

Ok, I know...I've been really slack and haven't added any posts lately. No real excuse except we are just busy around here.

London had her 1 year check up with Dr. Shori last week. She is 20lb 5oz (45% on the growth chart) and 28in long (25% on the growth chart). Looks like she may be a little petite thing. Not to sure what to think about that except a) she is easier to carry and b) girls are supposed to be smaller than boys. As you know there is nothing small about Ian! :)

Dr. Shori was very pleased with how she is progressing. She is definitely more verbal saying ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba (for bubby) and several other mumbling words. She knows the sign for "please" and we are working on several more. She was impressed that she is already fully walking. I think Dr. Shori as well as myself are convinced that she is a "normal" one-year-old!

I have turned the car seat around in my car to forward facing now. She has the okay to eat anything she wants. It is now okay for peanut butter, honey and all the milk products she wants. She is not a big fan of milk however. We have tried warming it and putting sugar in it, but not so much! She prefers water. We just offer lots of yogurt and cheese. We are done and have been done with the bottle for a while now, she is straight sippy cup now. She does however love drinking from mommy's straw!

We are travelling to Plainview tomorrow for a visit and I'm going to Lubbock to see my friend Amy's new baby boy, Hudson. He is 3 weeks old now. I will take photos of the entire weekend for all to see when we get back. Justin is staying home and deer hunting all weekend. We will return home on Sunday then back to work for me on Monday.

My grandaddy is having hip surgery today. He has been battling hip and back pain for quite some time now. The hope is by repairing his hip, he will be able to get some relief from the pain. He is really nervous, for this will be a big operation. Please keep him in your thoughts and pray for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Hope everyone has a Happy Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Christine Jones said...

I will keep your grandaddy in my payers and hope all will be well.

Love Chris