Thursday, October 30, 2008

BOO at the ZOO


Several of my coworkers all went to celebrate Halloween at the Fort Worth Zoo's "BOO at the Zoo". My sister joined me and boy, am I glad I had the extra set of hands to help with the kids. There was about 8 of us moms from work all with our kids in tow along with several thousand other folks all joining in the festivities.




As you can tell, thanks to Aunt Li Li, Ian was Spiderman and London was a Dragonfly. Every year since Ian has been old enough to know about Halloween, my sister has let him pick out his own costume as is his Halloween gift from her! They usually go toghether to the store to pick it out, but this year, he knew he wanted to be Spiderman. He found his and his sister's costumes all by himself in a catalog. "Li, Li I want to be Spidey so I can shoot my webs, and London needs to be a dragonfly because it is soooo cuuuuute!" (his exact words)



From the time we all arrived at the first "Treat Station" until the time we arrived home, Ian ate candy...the entire time! The child is so mistreated...he never gets candy from us. Surprisingly, he DID go to sleep at a decent hour that night!

Cassidy is a coworker of mine who organized the trip for us all. Her little girl Emery and London are about 2 months apart. I think they could pass for sisters!!!



I took a cooler full of sandwiches and snacks. Boy was I glad I did that. Not only was the food expensive, you had to wait in line for it. This way, we just sat up camp whereever and ate our dinner. As you can tell, London is a PIG! She ate an ENTIRE peanut butter and jelly sandwich and still wanted more!


The Zoo had constructed a play place designed to look like a carnival. There was a bounce house, hay stack maze and grassy area for the kids to run and play. Under the pavilion was tons of games for the kids to play as well as a stage set for the "monster show". Li Li and I took turns looking after London while the other went with Ian. He played all the games available. His favorite was the green rubber frog game!









As the evening wore on, the weather turned a bit chilly. I had London all cozy in the Radio Flyer Wagon wrapped in a blanket. She loved the mittens I brought for her. It was like she knew they would keep her hands warm. When I went to put them on her, she totally held out her little hands! She loved them!!!

"Thank you Li Li!"
"I love my Spidey costume, & I LOVE U!!"

1 comment:

E said...

Boo at the Zoo looks like so much fun! You have the cutest dragonfly and spiderman (or should I say coolest spiderman?) I've ever seen!