Sunday, September 6, 2009

Workin' toward the goal of "mi-mi" FREE!!!

We have gone from this...


To this...


To this...



That's right folks...mi-mi only during nap time and bed time!!!! What a feat this is! It all started when I picked London up from school and her mi-mi was missing. We had to wait until we arrived home for her paci. Then I just thought maybe we could give this a try. I told London she was a big girl and only needed her mi-mi for bed time. She was totally fine with it...at first. However, it really hasn't been that bad. There have been the 1-2 melt-downs a day, but for the most part she has done great. No mi-mi in the car, none when she is hurt and definitely none when she whines. What would that teach her?...just scream louder and mommy will give in. Now you know what a stickler I am for consistency! (At least I can talk a good game)

All kidding aside, if I give in once...it is all over. So for the past 4 days, we have stuck to our guns. Whenever London becomes really upset asking for her mi-mi, I just say, "London, if you are going to cry or whine, just go to your room and do it!" So far, she totally puts herself in time-out, screaming all the way to her room, shuts the door and cries for about 45sec. I then go in to her and say "Now if you're done crying, come tell mommy you're sorry and let's be a happy girl". She then gives me a hug and off she goes. It's amazing...this is the honest truth! I just wonder how long it will last!?!

None the less, we are working toward paci free, and so far so good. I just have to keep telling myself, consistency, consistency, consistency! Give in once and I'm doomed!!!

So we will see...my goal is to be completely done with "mi-mi" by the age of 3! Baby steps I tell you, baby steps!!!

No comments: